Sunday, March 21, 2010

New York, New York


Hi Everyone. I'm feeling very tired after my gig and I have a long teaching day tomorrow. I'm going to split my blog into half tonight and then continue it tomorrow. My posting tonight is inspired by this weeks Project Runway's show where the designers were influenced by different areas of New York city. New York holds a special place in my heart and I want to talk about it more tomorrow.
My father, who died when he was 49, took me to see Broadway plays in New York when we lived in State College, PA. My first "real" boyfriend I met while attending Penn State was from Long Island, New York. And, I took a trip to New York only a few years ago which I want to write about tomorrow. It was an amazing trip. The poem will continue tomorrow too - Nighty night.


New York, New York
New York, New York,
The Bronx,
Brooklyn,
Manhattan
Queens
And Staten Island
Taking the subway by day
Flagging down a taxi at night

Copyright 2010 - LAM

No comments:

Post a Comment