Monday, January 10, 2011

The Walking Dog


Hi Everyone! Let's hear it for the Seahawks! The Seattle Seahawks' beat the New Orleans Saints 41-36. I know it has been a few days since I posted, but I've been adjusting to a new schedule. Also, I tried to finish a new expressionism influenced acrylic painting, however it may take another day or two to complete. This weekend found me back in the swing of teaching all day and gigging at night. I played Saturday night North of where I live, in Granite Falls, and there was six inches of snow on the roads after the gig. It was rather treacherous driving home due to the fallen trees on the main road, and I'm glad my friend Ginger was riding with me to help me spot them. In this blog posting the painting is a quick impressionistic style of acrylic painting. I've linked one of my favorite american composers to this posting too - Aaron Copland Appalachian Spring. Nighty night. xxoo


The Walking Dog

The walking dog
Looking for a maiden
Strolling the sunlit park
At noon on a Sunday
Confident in his search
That what will be will be
Admiring a few flowers
Gazing in peace

Copyright 2011 - LAM

No comments:

Post a Comment