Thursday, September 22, 2011

Yellow Wind

Hi Everyone! I'm readjusting to my back to school teaching schedule. Fortunately I'm not playing as many gigs, yeah. Don't get me wrong I love playing the bass and I like the musicians I play with, but when you work seven days a week 365 days a year being in a bar is the last place I want to be. It is a rather negative environment. Hopefully, I can make enough money with my creations so I can move on to a different level of presenting my music which isn't limited to bars.
   My bass student Ruby is still fighting cancer and we hope to have a fund raiser soon. I'll keep everyone posted, and in the meantime you can read Ruby's journal.
  I still have art work displayed at the Puyallup Fair. I will have to write more soon, since I'm a bit tired.
I stayed up till about 7 am painting an album cover. Once Susan picks which version she wants to use I'll share the picture in my next posting. The acrylic painting in this posting is a quicky I did this morning after the album cover called Yellow Wind.
   I'm still having fun with my keyboard recording input. I love writing a song and being able to record it immediately. Here is my latest piano piece I wrote for my son to use as backing music for his photography.
  
 Thanks for looking, listening, and reading. Nighty night. xxoo Laurie

No comments:

Post a Comment