Tuesday, November 23, 2010

Alien Love



Hi Everyon! It is a winter wonderland here in the Seattle area. Beautiful! If I get a chance later this evening I'll try to paint the snow dusted scenery. I've linked Marvin Gaye's 'What's Going On' to this posting, because I was going to play it at the gig last Thursday. Even though I love Marvin Gaye's songwriting and singing talents, after reading his biography I've never really felt the same way about his music. He was very abusive to woman which lead to his demise. I had an enjoyable musical experience with my student Ruby on Saturday. We played two songs at Couth Buzzard Books Espresso Buono Cafe cabaret. Ruby's mom, Kate, was the MC, and her dad is a partner/owner at Couth Buzzard. They have weekly open mics and other events, so check it out! Ruby did an awesome job playing 'Tune Up' by Miles Davis. We also played my new song 'Listen People'. Hopefully I'll get to record the song soon. I'm off to try and sweep the snow from my car and schlepp through the elements. Have a nice warm day! xxoo Laurie


Alien Love
Arriving one day
Connecting
Communicating
Conquering
Enslaving
Alien love
Occurring one day

Copyright 2010 - LAM

No comments:

Post a Comment