Friday, September 2, 2011

Gray Skies

Hi everyone! A lot has happened since I've written. First of all, sad news; my bass student, Ruby, who is only 17 years old was diagnosed with cancer. Ruby is a wonderful intelligent person with an upbeat amd kind personality. She has learned music and how to play the bass at an amazing level - here is a link of Ruby playing 'Teen Town'. You can read about Ruby's journey to recovery from cancer and make a donation at her CaringBridge site. I visited Ruby once at Seattle's Children Hospital, but since last week I've been hit with a bad virus. Hopefully I will be well enough to visit her again soon. My prayers go out to her and her parents, Kate and Theo. You can visit Theo at Couth Buzzard Books Espresso Buono Cafe where he is a co-owner.
I painted this quick acrylic painting this morning. It reflects Hurricane Irene to me. I'm also always inspired by Project Runway - Season 9. Currently I'm working on a couple of larger paintings so, I may post WIP, or I may

wait till they are completed? I've also started to write a new piano solo song in the vein of my Inanna's Dream song. The link below is the book 'The Help' which is written by a fellow Phi Mu sister Katheryn Stockett. The book is now a movie, and I can't wait to see it. Off to finish errands, and then I have a gig tonight. Have a nice day! xxoo Laurie

No comments:

Post a Comment