Thursday, June 9, 2011

Reflecting Life


Hi Everyone! Okay, so it has been more than a few weeks since I've posted. I admit that I've been procrastinating with this blog posting because it deals with the death of my Uncle Bill. He was my only older blood relative left. My Uncle Bill was my mother's brother. He was the biggest influence on my life concerning playing music and pursuing the arts. My uncle had received a scholarship to Juilliard, but instead he studied mathematics graduating Phi Beta Kappa and became an actuary. He left his piano at my mother's house, and I played the piano every chance I could. I loved playing classical music, Joplin, Debussy, and writing my own music. My uncle also painted, but he never painted when people were around. We had some of his amazing paintings hanging in our house however. Thank you Uncle Bill for all your gifts you shared.
This weekend my awesome son, Michael, is graduating from college (Central Washington University) - double major - Bachelor of Arts Degree in Political Science with Honors, and a Bachelor of Science Degree in Business Administration Specialization Finance, and a Minor in Economics. Also, this weekend, on Sunday to be exact, I will present my music students recital. I'm trying to breathe a little right now. Next week I'm taking a day off no matter what! I've linked Frédéric Chopin - Prelude in E-Minor (op.28 no. 4) to this blog, because my Uncle Bill loved to play Chopin. The painting posted with this blog is a quick five minute acrylic painting I created last night. xxxoo Nighty night.


Reflecting Life
Trying to remember
A life that once was
Always remembering
To take back my life
To reflect who I really am and how I feel
Because, life will reflect back
How I feel about myself
Copyright 2011 - LAM

No comments:

Post a Comment