Saturday, April 16, 2011

Piano Teacher


Hi Everyone! I started this drawing - Piano Teacher- earlier this week. I was hoping to complete it (not quite) and enter it into the Edmonds Art Festival (which I did anyway - incomplete and all). Speaking of art, my art is still part of the group show at Couth Buzzard books in Greenwood. I have cards and my art on sale there. Take a look if you get a chance. I didn't have many spare hours to complete the Piano Teacher drawing, and I even drew (from 3 am - 5 am) after my Wednesday gig at the Rim Rock with Tim Turner and Billy Spaulding. Bass wise I felt great at the gig, and I played a couple of solos I was happy with. I'm linking my Inanna's Dream song with this posting, since it as a solo piano piece it compliments the drawing. I recorded Inanna's Dream at a studio on an older grand piano in one take. I was still recovering from a car accident at the time I recorded this song, so at the beginning my left hand is a little weak. The song has seven movements. I hope to get a chance to record it again, and orchestrate it. I wrote the different parts at different times, usually when I was feeling intense emotions. Inanna is the Sumerian Goddess of love, war, sexual love, etc.
I'm very tired, so.... nighty night. xxoo

1 comment:

  1. She looks so tired!! Beautiful drawing. Breath deep my dear friend. Survival mode does not suit me. These damn houses the bank owns part of! Love and prosperity to you.

    ReplyDelete