Monday, July 5, 2010

Dong a Long Bird



Hola. Happy 4th of July one and all!!! The title of this blog posting is linked to the youtube video of 'Fleetwood Mac's - 'The Chain.' The first cover band that I played in down in the Bay Area performed a lot of Fleetwood Mac, so this song reminds me of that time period. Tonight I arrived home about an hour ago from playing a gig with Tim Turner and Billy Spaulding at The Lighthouse in Des Moines. Fun gig musically, but I really don't like hanging in bars anymore. My tolerance and patience has worn see through thin when dealing with ignorant statements and drunks. Time for a change. Oh well, it takes all kinds of people to keep life interesting - NOT!
My son and I had a wonderful trip to the Olympic mountains on Saturday. We explored about four different areas including Hurricane Ridge and Dungeness Spit. Once Michael has posted his photos from our trip to a site, I'll link this blog to them.
Nighty night. xxoo

Dong a Long Bird
Dong a long bird
Singing a ding a ling song
About the sorrows of life
All day and night long
The dong a long bird
Can do no wrong
While she chirps
Her ding a ling song
Even adding
A jig or two
To keep her busy
Instead of
Swimming in blue
Copyright 2010 - LAM

No comments:

Post a Comment