Friday, March 5, 2010

Out on a Ledge


Howdy. Good news, I finished my taxes. Yeah.. I have another migraine headache right now, probably from a lack of shut eye.
Met with my accountant, taught some lessons, and then played a gig in West Seattle with Tim Turner and Billy Spaulding. My post tonight is inspired by my gig.

Out on a Ledge

Out on a ledge
When shall I jump?
I’m tired of this groundhog day
Repeating itself everyday
I keep listening to my positive thinking CDs
Trying to attract better things into my world
But in this music business
It can take a girl’s self esteem for a whirl
Guys don’t respect your place of work
They seem totally ignorant to the fact that
A gig is your work
I’m sure not getting a financial payoff
From these gigs
But because I get attention
Some men just don’t get it
A gig is my place of work
Where I deserve respect for skills
Not a place to be pressured
With another’s will
As long as I’m paying my way in this world
You need to find a different low self-esteem girl
Copyright 2010 - LAM

No comments:

Post a Comment