Thursday, October 21, 2010

Octostar


Hello! Okay, I wrote my poem and drew my illustration last night, but I was too hunkered down and cozy in my bed to post it.
Octostar is a term I made up, so I don't think you will find it in the wikipedia anytime soon. I taught lessons yesterday, and I still have a lot of organizing to do. My son is coming home this weekend, and hopefully we will make a dent in arranging the studio room. We may also try to film one of my music videos (not sure, depending on how my energy is?) I started to read Valerie Bertinelli's book, 'Losing It', which my bff Susan left at my house when she moved to Colorado. I actually was 'hit on' by Eddie Van Halen (my bff Maureen can verify) when I was living in the Bay Area, and I was playing at the Four Seasons in San Francisco with Ricardo Scales. Many of the bands that played at the Concord Pavilion and the Shoreline Amphitheatre all stayed at the Four Seasons. I could actually relate to Eddie's workaholism when I was reading about it in Valerie's book. I know what it is like to be inspired by a new artistic idea and then want to focus on it till its fruition. Off to another busy day. Toodles! xxoo
P. S. I have linked Van Halen's 'Jump' to this posting! Great song, and I love David's splits - ohh!

Octostar
Octostar, octostar
Wiggling your stars
All over the place
With a silly confused
Look on your face
Turning, spinning, flying around
Hoping to stay
Elevated
Far from the ground
Copyright 2010 - LAM

No comments:

Post a Comment