Friday, December 31, 2010
Hi everyone! To quote my good friend, Sal, "I feel more like I do today, then when I first got here." I have enjoyed a wonderful past couple of weeks, due to having my wonderful son home with me. I've also finally had a few days of 'down time' where I can recharge my life instead of living inside a never slowing gerbil wheel, "Going nowhere fast." I've finally started painting and writing songs again which soothes my soul. The picture I'm including with this post is an acrylic painting I created over the past two days. The entire image doesn't fit on the scanner, so here is a portion of the painting.
It reflects 'somewhat' the Expressionist movement I've been studying. One goal for the New Year is to create my new art web site including my new artist statement. I hope to submit art to shows again, and to have a solo show and/or to be included in group shows.
In regards to my music, I plan on recording a couple of new tunes I've written and then release my CD. I also plan on booking acoustic original gigs. Thanks to all of my bffs for listening to me bend their ears this past year; my sister-Kristie, Susan, Maureen, Cathy, Cindy, and Carol. Thanks to all of the musicians I've made music with; Tim, Hans, Freddy, Billy, Rick, Dr. Z, Sheldon, Jeff, Doug, Eric, Chris, etc. Thanks to my wonderful students. Thanks most of all to my son and cat! Instead of a poem I'm including a list of New Year's Resolutions I wrote last night. I've also linked Claude Debussy - Prelude to the Afternoon of a Faun to this posting. Have a Nice Day! xxoo
2011 New Year’s Resolutions
1. To love myself more, thus I will be able to love other people more.
2. To not be so hard on myself.
3. To forgive myself constantly, and to forgive other people.
4. To be true to myself, my dreams, and my desires.
5. To continue having an ‘attitude of gratitude.’
6. To not take myself so seriously. (Dr. Wayne Dyer)
7. To live with courage, integrity, and kindness as my foundation.
8. To remember that if I can’t say something nice,
even in defense of myself, I shall not say anything at all.
9. To remember not to throw my pearls before swine,
and if I have to (to earn a living ), then to turn a deaf ear to criticism (consider the source), and to not give them my energy.
10. To create the best life I can, where my creativity will flourish and my spirituality will grow to new heights.
To create a life protected and surrounded with love.
Copyright 2010 - LAM