Wednesday, December 8, 2010

Navigating Rough Waters


Hi everyone! I know it has been awhile since I've posted to my blog, but my lungs have been feeling worse than ever. Once my music students' recital is over next Sunday I'm going to make it a priority to be seen by a doctor even if I have to go to the emergency room. It is getting harder to breathe, and I'm getting weaker and more exhausted by the day. It is becoming painful and physically more difficult for me to play gigs lately. I did play two fun last minute gigs last week. The first spontaneous gig was with Mac - guitar, Donte-drums, and Darrius-keys. We played at a club called Fuel in Pioneer Square. The music felt great, and Sean was an awesome sound man. The second last minute gig was with Tim Turner (Child) and Rick Spano (Randy Hansen's drummer). I always musically enjoy playing with Tim and Rick. After my music students' recital on Sunday, I'm planning on taking some time for myself. After working so hard (only four days off in the past year, and working both day and night for over 150 of those days), I really need a break both mentally, creatively, and physically. Hopefully I'll have a few weeks to finish my CD, finish setting up my studio, and paint some more large scale paintings for my series. When I hung out in New York a few years ago the DJ was spinning Sean Paul and I really liked the combination of reggae and rap that he utilizes in his music. Nighty night! xxoo


Navigating Rough Waters

Navigating rough waters
Holding on tight
Remembering to refocus my second sight
Back to my artistic goals
Which will bring me soul satisfaction
Calming my rough seas
Soothing my nights

Copyright 2010 - LAM

No comments:

Post a Comment