Sunday, December 26, 2010

Christmas Roses


Hi Everyone! Even though technically it is still December 26th here on the west coast, it is three hours ahead on the east coast where my sister lives, so it is now December 27th. Kristie's birthday!!! Happy Birthday! Vegas trip coming up in 2011. I feel that aftershock! Cover, duck, and hide!
I had a fun gig with Tim at the Wild Vine in Mill Creek. It was a special gig because my son, Michael, sat in on the congas with us. He did a great job. Stephanie, Michael's fiance, also played a couple of songs on the congas too, and Marky Mark played the jingle bells. Saturday was a fun Christmas gig with Tim Turner and Billy Spaulding at the Rimrock in Lake City. Today, as in Sunday, December 26th, Michael, Carol, and I had our christmas dinner. Michael cooked most of it (ham, beans, sweet potatoes, etc.), and it tasted great! I have a little bit of extra time this week to plan, organize, and paint a few large scale pictures. Hopefully starting tonight, but I am feeling a little full. I might have to take a nap!
The art piece for this blog is a colored pencil sketch I did of some roses. I've linked Marilyn Monroe to this posting singing Santa Baby. Nighty night. xxoo


Christmas Roses

Christmas roses
Singing sweet songs
Harmonic melodies
None too long
Beautifying the world
Hope for warmer days
Christmas roses
Waiting to perform
Their last ballet
Copyright 2010 - LAM

No comments:

Post a Comment