Wednesday, December 15, 2010

Man and Woman in a Vase


Hi everyone! Today was an awesome day, even though I was a wee bit tired and sleep deprived. My wonderful son, Michael, treated me and his fiance, Stephanie, to tickets to see the Picasso show at SAM. It was the Masterpieces from the Musee National in Picasso, Paris to be exact. This series of Picasso's paintings spanned from 1906 - 1972. The show was very inspiring to me. I created a piece about 18" x 30" using the medium of oil pastels and chalk, which I have a limited amount of experience with, in response to the Picasso show. The piece is called, 'Man and Woman in a Vase.' I've linked Beethoven's Moonlight Sonata to this posting. Nighty night.




Man and Woman in a Vase

Man and woman in a vase
What sort of love
Shall you embrace?
A love incrusted in harmony and peace
Or a love coated in strife and decrease
The answer it seems is to realize
In the end love is experienced uniquely
Through what you create
With your soul’s eye
Copyright 2010 - LAM

No comments:

Post a Comment