Sunday, May 9, 2010

Happy Mother's Day!



To all mothers out there in the universe: Happy Mother's Day! Most of us originated from a mother, although I know there are some petri dish people out there. My mother passed away from a brain aneurysm a few years ago, and not a day goes by where I don't think about her and have an attitude of gratitude for all the love she gave my son and I. I finished my gig with Tim Turner and Nelson at the Wild Vine in Mill Creek a couple of hours ago. I'm feeling a little blue however, because I'm sleep deprived and tired. My good friend Marky Mark came to enjoy the gig. My poem and illustration are inspired by my mother and my son. The illustration depicts my mother, who was a physical therapist (specializing in working with cerebral palsy children) and my son when he was a newborn baby. I know my creations are very simpleton in formation for this posting, but I really need to get some rest to be able to create at a higher level. Hopefully someday soon I'll be blessed with a miracle, some help, andd some time to recover my energy. Nighty night! xxoo

My Mother and Son
My mother and son
The two people
Whose understanding of me is unparalleled
The two people
Who I love the most
For my mother and my son
I feel buckets of ceaseless gratitude,
And I thank the universe profusely
For sending to me these kind blessings
They were and are
The only reasons I’m still alive

Copyright 2010 - LAM

No comments:

Post a Comment