Wednesday, May 12, 2010

Debussy Debussy


Hi! Sunday night while I was writing my blog, the beautiful harmonies of Debussy's La Mer (The Sea) filled the air waves. Laying down and closing my eyes I was transported to the center of a wonderful dream. So, tonight's blog posting is inspired by the French Impressionist composer Claude Debussy. I have enjoyed the soothing, peaceful, and romantic music of Debussy since I was in high school. Debussy's Reverie is one of my favorite songs to play on the piano. Maybe I'll try transferring it to the bass someday. Nighty night. xxoo
Debussy


Debussy Debussy
Debussy Debussy
What do you see
In your impressionistic musings
Climbing the whole tone scale
In new ways
While Turner listens through his
Watercolor haze
Perfecting your harmonic chemistry
With successions of floating chords
Looking for their 3rds
In incomprehensible Symbolist words
Enchanting Eastern modes
Expressing elusive impressions
Of your dreams
This to you Debussy
Is what your music means

Copyright 2010 - LAM

1 comment:

  1. Very cool. If you need me to, I can talk you over how to insert a hyperlink. When editing your writing, there is a button for hyperlinks , highlight a word you want linked, click that button, and a box should appear, you insert the url into that box. That highlighted word will now become a hyperlink. From there, when your blog is posted, someone can just click your hyperlinked word, and it will automatically take them to where you want them to go.

    ReplyDelete