Tuesday, February 9, 2010

Blueberry Brain


Hi. My sister & I were listening to the audio version of 'Change Your Brain, Change Your Life' by Dr. Daniel Amen while we were driving around running errands. As I mentioned in a previous blog, Dr. Amen believes that most behavioral problems are due to brain damage. In the section of the audio book we were listening to, he was specifically dealing with the deep limbic system and the connection to depression and negative thinking that comes from damage in that location. Also, stress can cause the deep limbic system to shut down. Kristie, my sister, & I thought deep limbic sounded like (okay, this is kind of dirty) limp dick. hee hee.

Blueberry Brain
I’m looking at a scan
Of my brain
It is appearing very strange
My deep limbic system
Seems to have shut down
Now I’m always wearing a frown
Seems I would be better off
To have a lobotomy
And goofy off
I would end up with
A blueberry brain
But maybe then
I wouldn’t be so insane
Copyright 2010 - LAM

No comments:

Post a Comment