Friday, February 12, 2010

Pain in My Neck


Howdy! Okay, I know I promised to put up an illustration and poem inspired by the new Project Runway, but I never received a chance to watch it today. The Winter Olympics opening ceremony is now taking precedence, and I had to teach music lessons earlier today. I love the Olympics, and growing up an athlete, (swimming, gymnastics, track, field hockey, volley ball, skiing, etc.), participating in the Olympics was a long ago goal of mine. My father had been a founding leader in the sports medicine field. As soon as I'm done with my blog posting, my sister and I plan on heading out on another adventure. My blog for tonight is inspired by my still present pain in my neck. My neck is throbbing even more today probably from holding my bass at my gig last night. Final note - Bummer about the Georgian luger Nodar Kumaritashvili who died earlier today after a crash during a training run.
Rest in peace.

Pain in the Neck
I posses a pain in my neck
That is growing
By break neck speed
It is pounding in my ears
And I’m emitting black tears
The pain is rendering
My brain useless
Unable to focus on
Anything except
The continuous ache
And throb and agony
Lodged on the left side of neck
Turning me
Into a miserable wreck
Copyright 2010 - LAM

No comments:

Post a Comment