Tuesday, January 5, 2010

January 5th - My First Blog


Okey dokey.  It is 11:30 pm Tuesday evening the 5th of January 2010.  I was going to start my blog on the Jan. 1st, but life happens.  My goal is to write a poem, a bit of music, and a drawing/painting everyday for a year to share with the world.  It will be interesting to see when (the exact date) I achieve this goal.  For the moment, I'll share a little of a day in the life of Laurie Miller, and then I'll attempt to write a tiny poem.  Oh yeah, disclaimer: everything that you read, see, or hear in my blog, must be given permission for & then agreed to terms before copying, downloading, or using in any form or manner.
Okay, back to sharing my day, I had an epiphany about how being/feeling tired is all in the mind, and I'm going to try and tell myself I have all the energy and ability I need to accomplish what I wish to achieve anyway.  Positive thinking 101 or old fashioned brain washing I'm sure.
I meditated, cleaned, took a walk, taught piano & violin lessons, and now I must work on mortgage papers (I always seem too tired for this activity?).

To Blog or Not to Blog?
To blog or not to blog?
That is the question I ask of me
Should I really share 
The dusty remnants 
That live in the crevices of my mind
Should I first have a frontal lobotomy
Or the joke a bottle in front of me?
Should I tell my most private thoughts
Or just trivial facts about this and that
To blog or not to blog?
That is the question I ask of me

No comments:

Post a Comment