Wednesday, January 27, 2010

State of the Union Address 2010



Howdy,
Okay. I'm not into shoving my political opinion into anybody's face, so I listened to the address, did a quick drawing while watching, and I wrote a quick not so great poem.  More in the creative zone tomorrow.


State of the Union Address 2010

State of the Union 2010
Given by our President Barack Obama
Where to begin
I have been cynical concerning politics
Since I was in college
I believe big business runs our country
With payoffs given to our officials
Obama is a good orator
But is president really more
Than a figurehead
I still having a difficult time
Swallowing our bail out program
Outrageous bonuses given to heads of companies
Creating more of the rich getting richer
And the poor getting poorer
Did these people in charge of these bankrupt companies
Have any conscience when they obtained these bonuses with
Their inflated egos
Care one bit about their fellow Americans
How come our government
Had no regulations on
How “our” money was distributed
I don’t know about you
But I think these businesses
Are having a grand old party
With members of our government

Copyright 2010 - LAM

No comments:

Post a Comment